Sunday, November 10, 2013

Weekend Quilting

Here in the U.S., Monday is Veteran's Day, so many of us have a three-day weekend.  If you, like me, have Monday off work, are you trying to fit some sewing time into the weekend?  I hope to have a little time to get back to piecing my Pie in the Sky project (see prior post), but my primary focus today is to prepare a backing and sandwich/pin the Comfort and Joy quilt top I completed last spring.


I have chicken chili simmering away in the crockpot, so I can spend the rest of my Sunday working in the Sweat Shop.  I realized a few days ago that Christmas will be here before we know it, and I plan to start my decorating early this year.  How about you?  Have you started any Christmas projects yet?

Here's Mister Linky so those of you working on a scrappy project can sign up and show us what you've been working on.  Happy sewing!


4 comments:

Cathy said...

Have a good time on your day off. I'm a bit envious; no holiday at my place of work until Thanksgiving.

Anonymous said...

I'm envious of the day off too! Enjoy the day. I'm busy sewing quilts as Christmas gifts so I can't show them on my blog. When I'm not sitting at the machine, I'm hand stitching binding on.

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Enjoy your day off. Lovely quilt.

Quiltsmiles said...

It's been a sad weekend. Our friends were killed in a car acident 10 days ago and their bodies finally came home from Florida. No sewing for me but I need to.

Lovely quilt for the holidays. Your fabric selection seems perfect in all the different areas. It's truly lovely. Jane