Thursday, October 10, 2013

An Entertaining Read . . .

Every now and then I find a book that makes me laugh out loud, and the one I'm currently reading has done just that.  I'd say its hilarity factor ranks along with Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum books.  And the book I'm reading is the first of a series, so I know I'll have endless hours of funny bone-tickling to look forward to.  What is is?


Yes, I pulled this image off Amazon--as I did with the following review:

"From Booklist

Fans of Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series will enjoy this clever debut (the first in a series) featuring Izzy Spellman, an irrepressible 28-year-old sleuth who works for her parents' San Francisco PI firm. Members of the dysfunctional and relentlessly nosy Spellman clan include Izzy's 14-year-old sister, Rae, who engages in recreational surveillance (a fancy term for tailing people just for kicks), and her uncle Ray, a cancer survivor and recovering health-food addict who regularly disappears on liquor-drenched "Lost Weekends." Scenes showcasing the relationships among the various Spellmans are often laugh-out-loud funny. (The novel's prologue is an amusing example of the boundaries--or lack thereof--between Izzy and her mom and dad). Alas, bit after comic bit does not a mystery novel make, and only toward the end does Lutz pick up the narrative pace. Addicted to Get Smart reruns and forever attracted to the wrong kind of men, Izzy Spellman is definitely an appealing heroine; all this series needs to become a smashing success is a more generous dose of story and suspense. Allison Block
Copyright © American Library Association. All rights reserved"

It's available at Amazon for Kindle, but you can also find it in hardcover and paperback and maybe even at your local public library in some version.  Time for me to get back to my reading . . . .

4 comments:

Mandy said...

This is a great series. I really love them.

giddy99 said...

LOVE Lisa Lutz! I have this series, and one other book she wrote with an ex-boyfriend (HILARIOUS)!

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Thank you! Added to my Audible wish list! My husband is a Stephanie Plum fan (imagine?!) and I'm sure he will like this one too.

barbara woods said...

i love every thing she writes.