Monday, September 23, 2013

Sunday Sewing

After a busy several days, I was looking forward to a day to relax and sew, and Sunday was the perfect day.  Our high temperatures had comfortably lowered after the storm that came through on Saturday, so all of the doors and windows were open, letting in what felt like the start of the fall weather.  Wonderful!

First up--or I should say UNDER--my sewing machine foot were several pairs of pants that needed to be taken in.  Yes, the CrossFit, exercise bicycle, and diet are doing what they're supposed to do, and taking in pants is fairly motivating, but taking time away from the fun sewing is not!  Still, it had to be done because despite the exercise and diet, I can tell you with 100 percent certainty that NO ONE wants to see my pants fall off me just yet.

Remember last month's Schnibbles quilt?  I plan to put it up for a silent auction at the office to raise money for the local breast cancer walk about a month from now, so I sandwiched and pinned the quilt top this morning--working on the quilting will be my project in the evenings this week.

And since it was Scrap Basket Sunday, I pulled out a couple more piles of 2-1/2" squares to sew more sashing pieces for the Pie in the Sky quilt (Kim Diehl's design).


Twenty-three more sashing strips were added to the pile.  Then, because I hate glass/ceramic coasters that stick to the bottoms of glasses, and my Christmas-themed fabric coasters just weren't blending into the autumn decor . . .


I made a stack of coasters from a few Halloween fat quarters--eight for my house and one to take to work for my desk.  And I finished the day in the spirit of Scrap Basket Sunday by making a small tabletopper/wallhanging from the scraps leftover from the coasters, a few more miscellaneous scraps, and some border fabric pulled from my Halloween stash.


It's been awhile since I made a small quilt to add to my horde of small Christmas-gift quilts, so this might join the others once it's quilted.  Or it might stay right here.  Hard to tell.

It's back to work in the morning for me; the weekend is over and I'm off to bed.  Happy quilting!

3 comments:

Donna said...

Congrats on the smaller pants size. Pie in the Sky is going to be lovely.

Frankie said...

Congrats on needing to take pants in! Loving the new blog design -- makes a pretty change.

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

Yay for alterations needed! And for sewing 2.5" squares instead of cutting...