Friday, August 23, 2013

It's a Start . . .

Earlier this evening, I turned the door knob and entered the Sweat Shop; and tonight, I actually got something done!  It may not look like much, but it's the beginning of this month's Schnibbles quilt, Canasta.


The pattern shows two versions:  one with 25 basket blocks and one with 13 basket blocks.  I haven't decided which one I'll make, but I'm guessing it will be the one with 13.  Notice that I did, in fact, decide to use my leftover French General scraps from the Merry, Merry Snowman quilt too--I thought I might and it still seemed like a good idea tonight.

Before I ever got around to cutting fabric to make these two squares though, I went through my leftovers and sorted out what I had.  I decided to use all of the cream scraps as backgrounds and make the baskets in the the red and pinkish fabrics.  There are a lot of taupe fabrics in the pile of leftovers, and I was thinking I might use those in the sashing, but I'm on the fence about that for now.  These two blocks both use the same background fabric, but I'll be using other backgrounds too.

I think I have about a week to finish the top for the monthly parade on Sinta's and Sherri's blogs.  Normally I procrastinate until the last minute, so I feel like I'm getting a pretty good start this time!  No need to rush--at least not for another week.

1 comment:

Doris R. said...

Kim, I LOVE this color combo. Two color quilts are so striking! Great job.

Doris R.