Monday, May 20, 2013

Pins, Pins Everywhere!

It may just be my imagination, but it seems like my scrap basket is becoming a bit more tame.  What do you think?


As I've finished a few projects here and there, I've added more scraps to it too, so I think I'm doing pretty well.  Of course, there's still a pull out drawer of scraps that I haven't touched--these are just the ones I pulled out of the drawer to start with because I thought the "mood" of the fabrics and colors played well together.

Besides making my weekly alotment of scrap blocks, I did a little pin basting on Sunday.  When I began, my pin box was jam packed with pins.


Some years ago, I found wooden boxes on clearance at Barnes and Noble's so I bought two of them--I've used one as a pin box ever since.  One of the quilts I pinned was the Country Cottages quilt. 


I was thinking, as a goal, about trying to quilt one of the house blocks each evening.  Maybe I'll do that, or maybe not--I'll have to think about it.  In the meantime, the other quilt I pinned and HAVE started quilting is the one I'm making with the blue and white star blocks.  I'll show you more when I finish.


Oh, and Mr. Stitch wanted to say "hi."


Or maybe he wanted to say "turn that camera off and feed me NOW."  Hard to say.  Either way, I've carried out his wishes.

3 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

seeing your pins reminds me that I need more of them, a lot of mine are becoming dull from years of use - I have mine in a pottery jug.
I have a huge scrap basket that I need to use more of I had been cutting pieces and organizing but lately it seems to have been neglected once again and is over flowing.

Raewyn said...

Good to se your scrap basket (more)under control and very exciting to see the two quilts into quilting mode. I am looking forward to seeing more of them :-)

Patti said...

Oh, I can't wait to see a whole-quilt picture of the stars when you are finished. It never would have occurred to me to put red and yellow sashing with blue and white stars but it looks FABULOUS!