Friday, April 12, 2013

I Guess It's Later Now

Yesterday I said I'd show you a photo of a cool scrappy quilt a little later in the week; then I realized this is just about as "later" as it gets, since tomorrow night I'll just post Mr. Linky for the Scrap Basket Sunday group and then the weekend will be here.  So let's talk scraps.  I hope you're not sick of the subject yet.

First of all, hi Liz!  Welcome!  My friend Liz, who had always been one of the Sacramento Thimbleberries ladies until she moved to Colorado a couple years ago, got a message to me that she was participating in Scrap Basket Sunday even though she doesn't have a blog to share her progress on.  And I suspect there are a few other quilters out there doing the same thing.  I'd be happy to set up a Flickr group if you want to share photos--just let me know if there's an interest.  Or, it's very simple to set up a blog through Blogger--just go to Blogger and follow the directions.  You can just use your blog to show your scrappy block photos and not be obligated to blog at any other time.

Now, here's a photo of part of the great scrappy quilt--actually I should say "quilts"--I mentioned:


There's a small quilt and a larger one hanging on the wall there.  I asked one of the shop owners about the pattern--they had the two quilts hanging as advertising for a class--and she said it was a Primitive Gatherings pattern.  At the time, I didn't check for the pattern in the shop, but I did find it online HERE.  Note Primitive Gatherings has ordering options for a kit and a pattern, but the kit doesn't use the same fabrics as those in the photo above.  There's a similar pattern HERE, but the blocks are set differently--it's nice to see a couple different options.

So many of you are working on such fun projects, it's hard for me to decide what I want to do next, although it will be a couple months before I'm done with the blocks I need for my current project.  Still, by then I'll have decided I want to make at least eight more quilts just from seeing your projects.  I also wanted to mention that Donna had the idea of making her scraps do double duty by making this month's Schnibbles project, Hat Trick, using her scraps.  How smart is she?!  If that idea interests you and you haven't signed up for the Schnibbles group, go visit Sinta and let her know.  Just click HERE.

Even if you're not making scrappy blocks right now, take a few minutes each week to visit the ladies who are linking up to show us what beautiful things they're working on--I bet you'll be inspired.  And if you're making blocks and sharing photos, be sure to include in your blog posts what pattern you're using and what book it can be found in--if it's from a book.  Because you know we're all going to want to make the same thing, right?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim
I just wanted to say hello from Cincinnati, where we are having a blast at the International Quilt Show. We been in the Primitive Gatherings Booth a couple of times ( and dropped lots of money ) and she has lots of patterns and ideas for scrap quilts.
Helen (and Linda S, too! )

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

I love "Pinwheel Garden" and have bookmarked the pattern. Prim is not my style but it would be so fun in brights with white or black to set it off. I think I need to start collecting some bright solids!

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

I love this pattern... so full of movement! Thanks for tracking it down.

Sally said...

I was also at the Cincinnati show yesterday. And in the Primitive Gatherings booth. I bought the Swoon pattern that I have been seeing all over the quilt blogs. They had it made in primitive scrappy fabrics and it looked totally different. It would look great with all of your Thimbleberry scraps. They used just one background and the rest scrappy. Kim, I love reading your blog and seeing all your ideas. I'm sure there are a lot of quilters like me with no blog who are taking part in scrappy Sunday.

Mystic Quilter said...

Hi from New Zealand
Kim this as a pattern I will certainly put on my list of quilts to make