Thursday, February 14, 2013

A Small Accomplishment

Tonight was the monthly Thimbleberries Club meeting, and that means getting home later than normal but bringing with me a spark of inspiration from seeing all of the show-and-tell projects of the other quilters.  So after having a bite to eat and catching up with Hubby on the news of his day, I headed into the Sweat Shop for a little play time.


Perhaps you remember from last month that this year in Thimbleberries Club, the ladies at the quilt shop gave us an option of doing one of two monthly block projects, and I picked the first Thimbleberries block of the month pattern.  Last month I made the January and February blocks; tonight I made the March block.  You can see all three blocks lined up on my design wall above.  Eventually these will be set with a simple sashing--or maybe I'll tweek the setting somehow; only time will tell.

Here's another look at the March block--I used my shamrock fabric scraps since March means St. Patrick's Day in our home.


And that reminds me:  I want to make myself another mug mat soon; this one will be for March.  I'm also thinking about possibly making another little project I can tuck away for a Christmas gift.  If you've been reading my blog for awhile, you might recall my St. Patrick's Day tabletopper tutorial (there's a link in the sidebar).


I'm not certain what I'll ultimately decide to do, but I think playing around with some of these ideas may be my next project.

But before I skip ahead too far . . . Happy Valentine's Day!

2 comments:

Brenda said...

Hoping you make the shamrocks into a 12 inch quilt that will fit on those hangers so I don't have to do the math. Just finished the Valentine one.

Jill said...

Just wanted to let you know I used your St. Patrick's Day tabletopper tutorial to make a Christmas gift for one of my Bunco friends. Her birthday is St. Patrick's day and she loves green and shamrocks. Thanks for the tutorial it was fun to make.