Friday, October 12, 2012

Spooky

I thought it was time for me to show you some of my Halloween decorations.  Of course, many are the same as I've shown in other years, but a few are new or arranged differently and some of you may not have been reading my blog in years past.  In any event, I hope you enjoy the photos.

Tonight I'll show you my living room.  Remember Cacklin' Rose?  She has a new pair of glasses this year and a friendly crow perched on her finger.


Here's another photo of Rose and some of the rest of the room--you can see she's not quite as large as she appears in the first photo.  The lighting in this photo is a little weird, but I was trying to capture the lights in the Halloween tree.


The "picture" on the fireplace is a fabric panel that I framed.  It's just taped around the cardboard insert so I can use it as a panel someday if that's what I decide I want to do.

Remember the Halloween arrangement my friends and I made when we were on vacation?  Mine is on a sofa table near the front door to greet all of our guests.


A few years ago, I made a somewhat two dimensional black cat and named him Archie--because he arches, of course!  I think a blog reader helped name him; or maybe it was someone in one of my quilt classes.  The little quilt in the wagon is a table runner made by a friend from the online Thimbleberries Club I used to belong to--we had a table runner swap one year.  Cute, isn't it?  I love seeing all the things I've collected and treasured over the years because they all seem to have a story!


Here's the witch's wardrobe, with her wig, hat, shoes, and broom.  And a "photo" of her familiar black cat too.  All of her things are stored neatly on top of a book shelf, awaiting her arrival.  I think she's Rose's sister, because they bear a striking resemblance to one another, but I hate to be too inquisitive--she might turn me into a toad!


I think that covers the livingroom--it's really not very large.  I'll show you more in the next day or two.  Glad you could stop by to visit.

1 comment:

dianne said...

i love to see your halloween decorations each year ... i've been pooped on by a bird, too ... if the crow gets doodoo on Cacklin' Rosie we can start a club - S.O.U.L. Sisters