Saturday, April 28, 2012

It's Here!

I don't know why, but this week I'm particularly happy the weekend has arrived. Maybe it's the beautiful, 70-something degree weather we're having. Or the idea that I can sleep in on Saturday. Or the quilting projects I'd like to work on. Whatever it is, it has me feeling slightly euphoric!

Most of the time, the projects I end up working on, aren't the same ones I begin the weekend thinking I'll get to. Why is that? Does that happen to you?

I'm just a bit behind on my applique projects, so I'd like to spend a little time on those. I just finished this month's Autumn House block--my little group will be meeting next week to cut fabric for our next block, so it's about time! At least I'm not late.


If you've made this quilt, you might notice I made a couple small changes to this block. I moved the perch a little higher up and have the bird ON the perch instead of on the pumpkin. I also changed the positions of the leaf and berries a little bit. Overall, though, the block is pretty similar to the original. The pieces are all there; they're just arranged slightly differently.

My next applique block? The April Country Cottages block from Shabby Fabrics. I've been working on it but it's not quite done yet. Maybe I'll have that ready to show you tomorrow.

This weekend, I'd also like to pin a couple small quilts and maybe start quilting them. I think I'll set up a table in the living room for pinning--maybe on Saturday.

Non-quilting plans? With our recent rains, the weeds in the front yard are getting taller than the plants. I'd like to get out there while the ground is still a bit soft and get them pulled. And I might do some minimal cleaning and cooking--"minimal" being the key here.

How about you? What are your weekend plans?

3 comments:

Anna said...

Best laid plans...are flexible ones! Today I head out on a shop hop seeking out homespun fabrics! I intend to get a great cuppa coffee and a cookie along the way!

Miss Jean said...

We're taking the grandsons and my Mom to Sacramento to Leatherby's! I can't move without one more caramel sundae!!

Gloria said...

Love the blocks! How are you going to quilt those? Do you quilt over the applique blocks?

Gloria
gyates625@bellsouth.net