Sunday, March 25, 2012

Is Cleaning Toilets More Often Than Once a Month Really Necessary?

I have a sweet deal going these days. Cleaning services. I've purchased several deals on Groupon and Living Social and I've found a service I like. They're supposed to come one more time under the package I purchased; after that, I'll have them come once a month. I thought I'd then clean once a month and just maintain an acceptable level of filth in the intervening weeks.

So today, Saturday, it was my turn to clean. Doing it once a month couldn't really be too bad, could it?

I did something today that I haven't done in a long time: I spent the entire day cleaning house. No, not that it was that dirty. It's just that I kept rewarding myself for cleaning bits and pieces with a little blog reading break. And you know I blame you, right? Of course I do.

And I truly do thank you too. Last year when I switched computers, I lost my favorites list, which meant I had to reconstruct my blog list, and I really was too lazy to do that, so I ended up just visiting a few close "friends" regularly. After awhile, I realized I wasn't getting inspiration from Blogland any more than a hermit gets inspiration from the big city he never visits. So asking you to tell me about your favorite blogs helped me tremendously. I've now visited most of them--at least most of those suggested so far--and found a bunch of great projects and nuggets of inspiration to encourage me to think up something of my own.

And I found a little gift to thank you--if you left a comment on yesterday's post and yours is the name I randomly draw tomorrow night:


And I'd also like to return the favor and list a couple blogs I stumbled upon today. These weren't recommended by you but I found them through blogs that were--as I was procrastinating on cleaning toilets:

Vintage Trailer Lady--Love her sewing room a couple posts down!

Clare's Craft Room--Check out her Easter egg craft project, also a couple posts down.

Clover & Violet--I really need to make a cover for my Kindle from their tutorial.

Okay, seriously? It's after 11 p.m. and I still have to clean the bathroom floors. I guess I'd better get that done. Tomorrow I'm heading back into the Sweat Shop with a clear conscience, a clean house, and a bucket full of inspiration.

9 comments:

Josie McRazie said...

Oh, man I forgot about Clover & Violet! I think I am going to try embroidery, I have NEVER done it and I love the look of the stair step thing with the beauties in the middle!!

pcflamingo said...

Even when I retire I am NOT giving up my cleaning lady. Yes, when I retire in a couple years I will have to economize but Patty won't be on the chopping block! She started with me shortly after my husband died and I injured my back packing up and moving all our stuff by myself and I got spoiled. I decided to stay spoiled :D

Tina said...

I can SO relate to hiring someone to clean the house...EXCEPT we had a cleaning lady for 15 years or so and then she retired (we loved her!). After that the cleaning service we hired stole my pain meds that I had leftover from a surgery as well as about $20 in my desk!! Ticked me off so bad that I went and filed a police report. The sheriff's office told me that I was out of luck since I couldn't prove it, and that with cleaning people as with other service folks, it's kind of homeowner beware. So, long story short, I now clean the house myself....and yes, bathrooms ARE the worst!! Thanks for sharing the Trailer Lady (love it!) and I love Clover and Violet too! Clean on!!!

Carol said...

Thanks for giving us three blogs to look at. I looked at all of them. I've seen Clover and Violet before. I decided I like the embroidery block of the month their doing. Kindle cover is cute too.

Tina said...

P.S. I love the wallpaper on your blog!

Anonymous said...

Oh gosh yes to Clover and Violet!! Enjoy your Sunday now that your home is neat and tidy. LOL

Wendy said...

Now you can relax and quilt in a clean house. I need to do the same. I'm off to check out these fun blogs.

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

LOL~ you got my attention with that title! Sorry I missed yesterdays post~ I sewed all day. :-) I'll have to check out the sites everyone recommended too. Some days when sewing doesn't work out, I love to blog hop. Have a great day and a happy week!

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to say that I loved yesterday's post - it's generated a bunch of new blogs that I'm loving. Had a blast checking them out and found inspiration for a project I've worked on today!! Yay!!

Cindy in SC