Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Coming Up . . .

When I turned on the computer this morning, I was greeted by an email from Bird Brain Designs reminding me that Easter is only five weeks away. Five weeks! Yikes! That means it's time to start thinking about getting the Easter decorations out, but when am I going to do that? The next couple weeks will be busy already.

Each year I get an urge to make Easter quilts, but most years the holiday sneaks by before I make many plans. Maybe I'll have time to do something this year. Usually, though, I'll at least make something quick, like the small Bette Bunny wallhanging--and I DO have plans to make another this year for someone special. The one below--I think I made it last year--is hanging at my desk at work. (There's a technique tutorial in my side bar that shows how I make these types of wallhangings pretty quickly--I know I can make it in about two evenings.)


You know what else is coming up soon? St. Patrick's Day! And yes, I need to get out my St. Patrick's Day "stuff" too. At least I have a couple quilts for it. One year I made a couple small ones (the photo of one follows) and there's a pattern/tutorial for it in my sidebar.


Then I made a larger version and finally got around to quilting it last year. (It was one of my 11 in '11 quilts.)


Now I'm using a narrow "breakfast bar" size table in the kitchen--maybe I'll think about making only three of the shamrock blocks to make a table runner. Or make a couple placemats with two shamrock blocks in each. Then again, maybe I'll think about it NEXT year and think about Easter THIS year.

How about you? Have you made anything yet for St. Patrick's Day or Easter this year? If not, do you have any plans?

9 comments:

Betsy said...

Cute bunny Kim.

Anonymous said...

I haven't made anything for Easter or St. Pat's day, but it's on my bucket list.

Also, I want you to put me on the list for the Blackbird design pattern you talked about yesterday.

Shelia
sb12041@yahoo.com

Thanks

Melissa said...

I want to make some dishtowels for St Patrick's Day and a 12" block for my kitchen wall. Easter! Eekkkkk! I'm not even thinking about that yet!

Janet said...

I made your shamrock pattern and love it! I bought a pattern for a easter table topper. It has a bunny face with ears on each corner and the center is pinwheels. the colours are pastel.

Your wall hanging is super cute!

Loves to Quilt said...

Every year I buy fabric to make an Easter something. So far, all I have is a huge bunny stash!

Josie McRazie said...

I want to make something for St.Pattys day. But I kind of get bumbed (Mom died the 16th eight years ago) My Honeyman is a fireman and you know ALL firemen are Irish on St.Pattys day! Oh, I am doing a 5K this year! And then getting my drink on with the firemen!!

Grammaterry said...

Hi Kim,
I just finished making the four shamrock quilt for myself, my daughter and daughter-in-law. They used theirs for wall hangings. I enlarged the sashing a little so I can set my pot of shamrocks on it and not lose any of the loveliness. Thanks for the great pattern. I enjoy your blog every day!

dianne said...

Bette Bunny is such a sweetheart ... i hardboiled some eggs a few weeks ago - does that count for Easter? and Auntia is gonna make some Irish Creme brownies before the 17th - she goes all Irish on me every St. Patrick's Day (and has already given me a list of green stuff that she NEEDS - beer bread, corned beef, cabbage, Guinness ... everyone will know our house by the big green cloud over the roof)

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Every year I see the cute things you have made and I think~ this year I need to make something. The day comes and goes and nothing is made. One of these years I am going to get ahead! ;-) LOL Very cute bunny!