Monday, February 27, 2012

What I Did Next . . .

I didn't mention it last night, because I hadn't uploaded any photos to show you yet, but Izzy came over (with Soccer Son and His Lovely Wife to Be Someday) on Saturday and met her dog father, the Drooling Dog. Here's a photo of the two of them approaching one another for the first time:


I took several other photos but in each, one or the other of the dogs was a blur--they had a wonderful time romping around the yard together. At first, the Drooling Dog didn't know his own strength and sent Izzy tumbling a couple times, but no harm was done, and he became quite gentle. In fact, she was the one chasing after him much of the time! It was really cute to watch. I'm just sorry the Wild Child wasn't here to see it, but she's settling into her life in New York, and Soccer Son sent her photos.

I sure don't know what was in that hot chocolate I drank last night, but I couldn't keep my eyes open long after drinking it, and I think I was asleep before 11 p.m.! On a Saturday night! I think the last time I was asleep before 11 p.m. on a Saturday night was when I was seven. What a party girl I'm turning into.

I wanted to show you what I've just finished. I worked on the pinwheels a little bit on Saturday evening but I got bored with them and . . . well, you already know about the hot chocolate. Anyway, I got up this morning and worked on this little hanging all day, finishing the binding around 11 p.m.


The center is a screen printed block I purchased online from Olde America Antiques. The have a large selection of vintage/antique images that they print in different sizes onto good quality cotton. If you'd like to check out their stuff, click on their name.

Now it's time to start thinking about the end of the weekend and going back to work in the morning. Bath time, for one thing, if I can get Stitch out of the tub. I'm really not sure what he does in there, but I can hear him thumping and bumping around, and I suspect the bath tub is a little like a skate park where he can slide and roll around.

Pets! At least they're entertaining.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a cute little quilt picture. Nice job. As for pets, I don't have any but enjoy pictures and posts about them. Thanks for sharing.
cindy

Anonymous said...

Kim,

You find the cutest things. I looked at the link you gave us and now I want to make some.

Shelia

Kigwit said...

Awww! That is adorable.

Heckety said...

That's such a sweet quilt, and the center panel is just lovely!
I have that same problem with hot chocolate so I know not to drink it until I'm about ready to conk out!!!