Sunday, February 12, 2012

A Fun Day

Some of my favorite people came over today to spend the day talking, eating, and stitching.


Four of the six of us were working on block 2 of the Autumn House block of the month. Because I was the hostess, I didn't get very much done, so I'm not ready to show you mine just yet--although that's part of it in the photo above.

I've mentioned before that my house is small and it's always hard to figure out where six women can sit and work on their sewing projects. This time Hubby was out of town for the weekend, so I had no qualms about moving much of the living room furniture out to the garage and setting up two tables for us to work on.


And because I moved the kitchen table to the living room, I was able to move the sofa table into the kitchen, and it made for a great buffet table.


And, really, we ate all day. Breakfast (chocolate croissants, OJ, and strawberries), snacks (fruit, cheese and crackers, salami, and a warm beef and cheese dip for tortilla chips), lunch (vegetable soup, rolls, and salad), and dessert (chocolate peppermint cake).

We always exchange little gifts and goodies and I found the perfect gift for them this year. Something I started off this month and will continue each month at our get togethers through the year. Here's my little wagon filled with fun--


I came across this free BOM pattern last month--it's the Adventures of Harrington and Hannah. Last week I made up the first block . . . .


. . . and put together kits for my friends from my wool stash. Each month I'll kit up that month's wools and backgrounds.

Yep, it was a really fun day and now I'm tired and ready to head to bed. Thanks for stopping by to visit!

11 comments:

Heather said...

Sounds like a great day. And what a wonderful little gift! Lucky ladies.

~Niki~ said...

oh my that kitty picture is adorable. made me laugh.

Denise in PA said...

Sounds like a wonderful day! I love that you make it an all day "event", with great food and little gifts. I love sewing by myself, but sewing with friend is a special pleasure!

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Love that picture with Spike! Sounds like you had a wonderful time with friends.

Josie McRazie said...

Great day!! Lucky all of you!! Even Kitty looks to be smiling!!

Gwen said...

Wow!!! You are a hostess with the mostest! I love all your decorating! You definitely have an eye for all the little details that make a home so inviting! LOVE that little wagon! :-) Also, I LOVE that Autumn House-- the leaves over the top are such a pretty touch-- and the kitty is so sweet.. he reminds me of a grey version of our black & white Mr. Fat Cat.. :-) Is the Autumn House block of the month available online?

Karen said...

Dang girl your a great hostess and I bet made your sewing peeps feel very welcomed. I'm sure everyone enjoyed the day - how can you not when it includes needle and thread - and the food sounded wonderful. I also started sending my peeps a project a month in January - only mine is a stitchery. It's fun to get quilting mail :). The kitty is so sweet watching over your block :)

Hugs - KAren

Shirley--Knot-y Embroidery Lady said...

The was wonderful! If I can figure out how to take the pictures off of my IPhone I will try to get them onto my blogspot today - try. Girlfriend you are a wonderful hostess AND gift giver!!!!!!!! Thank you.

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Oh gosh that sounds like such a fun day! I am envious of your quilty friends! Love the wagon with the goodies. I'm sure everyone had a fabulous time! Looks like Kitty did too. ;-)

Jeanne said...

What a great day! You had everything set up so nicely. Can you share what you gave to the other gals? Love your H&H block!

Anna said...

what a wonderful day! Don't you just love Harrington and Hanah!