Saturday, February 25, 2012

Ah, Yes!

Okay, it's done! Well, at least it's done as far as I'm ready to go for now. Want to see? Of course, you do!


I had to lure Spike out to the kitchen with the promise of dinner in order to get her off the quilt top, and then she came back and tried to get on it again while I was folding it up! At least I know SHE likes it!

By the way, I realized I hadn't shown you the pattern inspiration for the original block swap--this pattern was printed back in 2004, and I can't remember which magazine it was in, but I loved it at first sight. Maybe you can click to enlarge the photo to see if it has the magazine name on the page--if you need to know.


What I mean when I say it's done as far as I'm ready to go is simply that I don't know if I want to add borders or not. You can't see very well, but the quilt is barely wide enough to extend over the sides of the king size bed, which would make it fine for a twin and maybe a double but it isn't as large as I'd like for a queen--and I think I'd like it large enough for a queen. So I think I'll set it aside for now until I pull the monthly Thimbleberries project out of the jar and find I'm to work on "Thimbleberries Tree Blocks"--because I think I might like to make those blocks into a border with the addition of a few more trees and maybe houses. Of course, I might change my mind between now and then and just add traditional borders. But for now? It's on to the next project! I wonder what it will be?

12 comments:

Donna said...

Spike know a good thing when he sees one. Your quilt is looking great.

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful, Kim! I love the cream fabric you used instead of green. Florence

Frog Quilter said...

Love it. The colors just sing together.

llsandill said...

I'm not a true thimbleberries fan, but, it turned out great. Was the pattern reversable or did she use left over fabric on the back? What is your favorite backing?

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Lovely finish Kim. I like your idea of putting strips in the jar. Makes for some good organizing. I may have to try that. At the moment, my list is written on a whiteboard in my sewing room - which I mostly ignore. :)

Marie said...

Kim, I think the cream setting triangles look great, good job! I've changed my mind about the green on the outside, this quilt definately needs the cranberry color brought out on whatever border you decide on. It's a lovely quilt and a good strong border would be fabulous. Wonderful job!
Marie

Diane E W said...

I'm with everyone else...beautiful.
I think borders..just saying. I have always liked Thimbleberries and have made several quilts using the fabric

AnnieO said...

I really like the cream with those great colors and prints shining off of it! These geese are beauties.

Jan said...

It looks just great! I like the light outer triangles, rather than the dark. Isn't it fun to dream about the next project?!

MB in MI said...

that is one pretty quilt!!

Nancy H. said...

I too like the cream setting triangles and I like how you put the darkest block in the center. I like that the blocks are all different too. I think the border should be on the dark side to pull it all together. Whether you piece it or not is up to you. You should be pleased because it looks great!

Anonymous said...

Super nice finish - I'm with the group who prefer the cream contrast to the green - much more pleasing to my eye.

Cindy in SC