Monday, January 2, 2012

Chopped!

Do you ever watch Chopped? It's that show where the contestants are given a mystery basket with ingredients that no one in their right mind would ever think of putting together, and they have to come up with dishes that actually taste good. I've kind of felt like I'm in that show the last couple days.

My refrigerator has been filled with a mishmash of leftovers and stray ingredients from the holidays, and rather than throw everything out, I've been trying to turn them into edible meals. It's a weirdly creative process.

Tomorrow I think I'll go to the grocery store. I still have a couple odds and ends left, but a few "new" food purchases will give me more options. I bet my family will be glad to hear it! Actually, they've liked what I've made so far, but I don't think I could keep it up much longer.

For those of you who are listed in my sidebar as having accepted the 11 in '11 challenge, if you were successful, please post your photos in the Flickr album or on your blog--and then let me know you've done it. I'd mentioned that there might be some kind of reward for those who achieved the goal. I'll give you until next Saturday to post and let me know, and then I'll let you know what you might win. Fair enough?

Happily I have one more day off before I go back to work on Tuesday--one more day to sleep in and play in the Sweat Shop, although I have a few other things to take care of too, so the day won't be all play. So far, though, 2012 hasn't been too bad! Thanks for stopping in to visit.

9 comments:

Josie McRazie said...

That is funny, I don't normally watch that show, but my Sister was at my house (and took control of the remote) and she turned on a Chopped marathon! Atronaut Ice Cream in one recipe and Canned Chicken. I did not know that a whole chicken came on a can! I have seen the stuff that looks like tuna in a can! But not with bones and all! that is just nuts to me! LOL

Robin said...

I LOVE Chopped...except when an ingredient is more than a vegetarian like me can take, LOL.

Gave you a shout-out in my post today! Happy New Year, Kim!

http://soggybottomsbabyduds.blogspot.com/2012/01/be-mindfuls.html

Melissa said...

Kim, here are my 11 in'11. I know some are on the Flickr pool, but not all :) Thanks and Happy New Year!

http://sassysmomentsquilts.blogspot.com/2012/01/11-in-11.html

Shirley--Knot-y Embroidery Lady said...

Wishing you a great last day off and that you end up eating something yummy. Hugs

Jean Burke said...

I love Chopped! Boy - do those folks sweat! Talk about pressure....the quilting world is more serene - mostly! I posted my 11 in 11 on the Flickr account. Thanks for the motivation. All the best to you and your family in 2012. Piece....

Pat said...

I love that whole "mystery basket" format! There is a web site (www.allrecipes.com) that lets you input a list of ingredients and then searches for recipes using those ingredients. You should try it with some of the stuff in your fridge!

@Josie: a whoile canned chicken? ewww.

Miss Jean said...

What can I say about Chopped? Just don't watch it EVER unless you want to sit and watch it for hours. You just can't turn away.

Quilty Conscience said...

I did it! I did it! I finished (more than)11 in 11. I loved the challenge. If you read my block you will see that I wasn't very successful in reducing my total number of UFO's but I tried. Love your blog! Toni
http://aquiltyconscience.blogspot.com/

LiahonaGirl said...

I finished 11 in 11, but only have photos of 10. (The final quilt was a baby quilt for my niece's son. My sister-in-law kindly bound the quilt, but then gave it to my niece before I could get a pic of it.)
My 11 quilts are highlighted with links to photos in my blog: http://bountifulheirlooms.blogspot.com. (They are listed along the right side of the screen.)

The 11 quilts are:
Flannel Log Cabin and Stars (2011)
Philadelphia Centennial Quilt (2011)
Nancy's Nine Patch Square in Square (2011)
Tysen's Cowboy Baby Quilt (2011)
Jenny's flannel heart wedding quilt (2011)
Primitive Baskets (2011)
Red, yellow, and green blended quilt (2011)
Lone Star Farm (2011)
Flannel Fly Away Home (2011)
Emrie's baby quilt (2011)

Plus the baby quilt for Grayson that I don't have a photo of.