Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Just Some Stuff

I know a lot of you enjoy reading Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum books--we've talked about it before. And I know that generally there have been a lot of opinions about casting the movie roles--everyone seems to have a picture in their minds of who would be the best choice for each of the characters. Have you seen the movie trailer for One for the Money yet? I ran across it yesterday. If you haven't seen it and are interested, click HERE. What do you think?

Personally, I've always pictured Sandra Bullock as Stephanie, but then I heard a rumor that she would have been fine ten years ago, but she's a little too old to start the series now. And I guess that makes sense. But I have similar opinions about most of the other actors--none of the actors and actresses are quite who I would have cast.

Someone asked about the Beverly's I went to yesterday. This particular store, which now specializes in fabric only unlike the other stores, is located on Fair Oaks Boulevard near El Camino in Sacramento. There's another Beverly's on Fair Oaks and Madison--don't confuse the two.

Tomorrow I go to my post op doctor appointment, and I'll get my stitches out--YAY! I can hardly wait! I suppose I should get to bed--I've rather quickly gotten out of the habit of waking up and getting ready to leave the house early(ish), and my appointment's downtown at 9 a.m. The next time I write to you, I'll have two naked hands. TMI?!

13 comments:

Three Birds Inspired said...

Thanks for the link to the trailer. Katherine Heigl looks like a good choice (thank goodness they don't have her portraying the part as a blonde!) I also always pictured Sandra Bullock as Stephanie! I like the casting for Ranger, Morelli and Lula.

Hope the stitch removal goes well and you will be back to naked typing!

Amy said...

I saw the trailer yesterday. I need to see a longer clip on Heigl as Stephanie. I went to college with many New Jersey folks, and Morelli doesn't look Italian enough, and Reynolds as Grandma Mazur... like I said, I need to see a longer clip.

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Eh. I'm on the fence. I don't think the casting is right on. Debbie Reynolds as Grandma Mazur?? Nope. Now I need to re-read the first book to refresh my memory. But I will see the movie only because I really enjoy the books.

Anonymous said...

I wasn't sure about Heigl as Plum but it seems to work; she certainly is funny. I guess great minds work alike as everyone I know thought Sandra Bullock should have been cast. I didn't pick up on who was Ranger; no one in the trailer looked hot enough!

Anonymous said...

Just finished #17 and loved them all. I also thought Morelli would be more Italian looking and a little smoother. Ranger was good and Grandma ??

Anonymous said...

I agree with Sandra Bullock as Stephanie and I thought that 'The Rock' would have been great as Ranger. I never pictured Debi Reynolds as Grandma Mazur. Guess I'll just have to go see the movie to see if it all works out. Thanks for the heads up.
cindy

Cathy said...

Certainly not how I imagine the characters, plus Katherine Heigl can't act, is the same in every movie.

Pat said...

Debbi Reynolds as Grandma Mazur? Not even close. Were she still alive, Estelle Getty (Golden Girls) would have been perfect. And Sandra Bullock, even though she may be a little older, would beat KH hands down.

I grew up in an area of Philly that was about as close to Stephanie Plum's neighborhood as you can get. The characters in the books ARE those people; the people in this film are not. Not even close.

ledamewood said...

I think the only part they cast right was Lula

terry said...

When I first heard that K. Heigl had been cast as Stephanie I said no way. Sandra Bullock would have been so much better in both timing and the ability to laugh at herself. I agree that Debbie Reynolds is no Grandma Mazur - she is too glamorous and not old looking enough. Yes Estelle Gettty
is the perfect kooky Grandma M. The Ranger guy does not seem dark and smooth enough. And the Morelli guy is not sexy enough. Sherry Shepherd tries too hard. The entire cast is off including Stephanie's mom and dad.

Just saying (whoa).

Terry in So. Calif.

Anonymous said...

I agree no one looked like what I had them pictured. Grandama needs to be older, Ranger needs to be hotter and Morrelli sexier. Lula was right but for some reason I pictured her with blond hair

Sharrieboberry said...

The One for the Money preview looks entertaining. But it's not what I picture when I read the books.

It looks a little more "west coast" then "east coast" in the casting of the characters. Joe and Stephanie are cute but maybe a little too "slick". I think of Stephanie as having a few more rough edges and a little more tummy. ;)

Aunt Jacques said...

Althought I probably wouldn"t have thought about those who were cast in One for the money. But from the trailer I like Katherine Heigl as Sterphanie Plum, and was that debbie Reynolds as the Grandmother, oh yes , what a gas. I beleive that that Beverlys is at Fair Oaks and Marconi.