Sunday, May 15, 2011

Le Petite Eye Candy

This month's Le Petite project is the free Moda Bakeshop pattern, Candy Bar Pinwheels. You may remember I decided to make it using scraps, make it larger, and make it as a gift. Tonight I finished the top--


Well, SOMEBODY likes it! But Stitch isn't the one I was making it for.

It occurred to me that I'll need to quilt the Thimbleberries basket applique quilt before I can get this one done--because I don't have enough quilting pins! So I set up the Juki and started in on it. With all the applique details, though, it's not going to be a fast one to quilt. Oh well, it will all get done, one way or another.

Now it's bed time--because tomorrow I need to get up and clean house, since I spent today playing instead of doing my chores. Goodnight!

8 comments:

Amy said...

Delicious eye candy, Kim!

Kim said...

Great quilt! Love the red and cream scrappy look.

Carol said...

Your quilt turned out very nice Kim. I'm doing a different spin on this Le Petite project, working on mine now so I can do the quilting next weekend.

Shirley--Knot-y Embroidery Lady said...

What a cute Stitch!! On your most fun quilt! I have tons of pins to share - want me to bring them over or do you want to stop off at my house on the way home from work tomorrow? Happy cleaning today! Groan - I am doing the same ...

Theresa said...

Oh~~~ I like~~~~ This is gorgeous~~

Cardygirl said...

Love your spin on this months project.

Wendy said...

I love it! I really love how the sashing shows off the blocks. So great in red and scrappy and the cute sashing post blocks in red also. You are very talented and I enjoy how you put your own spin on everything. Read your blog daily and enjoy your humor. I am almost finished with a shamrock quilt based on your table topper tutorial for my grandson who is 8 and a huge Boston Celtics Fan. It is turning out amazing! Thanks! :-)

Shannon said...

Wow you shot the moon on this one. It is wonderful!! I love the pattern of the blocks but I never thought about making it into a quilt. Great idea.