Friday, November 12, 2010

Good News!


An internet story caught my attention this morning: Turns out a study found that night owls tend to have higher IQs. Yay me! Apparently it has something to do with the relatively recent ability humans have to stay up later and be productive at night as a result of the development of electricity; from that point in history, some of us evolved and adaptated quicker than others. Huh. On the other hand, a couple psychiatrists pointed out a few drawbacks--leave it to the psychiatrists, eh? One said she found that night owls tend to be less reliable, more emotionally unstable, and more likely to have problems with addictions and eating disorders. Sounds to me like she's still mad at a former night owl boyfriend. Then another Sigmund Freud wannabe, who is himself an early riser (hey, surprise!), said early risers tend to be more conscientious, persistent, and apt to cooperate. Phooey!

Well, whatever. Being the highly intelligent and evolved night owl that I am, though, I need to go do some intense reading before bed time. I have some interesting new "text books" I need to study carefully.

3 comments:

Jandi said...

Obviously those psychiatrists are just jealous of our superior intelligence. I knew being a night owl wasn't a bad thing!

dianne said...

and so ... what did the Freudians have to say about those of us who are early-rising night owls?

strawberrycream39 said...

Ha ha! Great post. Very interesting...I am an early bird, I knew I was slow on the uptake! LOL But my daughter is a night owl so maybe evolution is catching up with me.