Sunday, September 26, 2010

Excuse Me, But I Gotta Sew

Ah! I taught the Schnibbles class today at Bearpaws & Hollyhocks. It's been awhile!

I was trying to think of the last time I taught a class, and it might just have been the previous Schnibbles class in the Spring. Surgery and other matters have interfered, I guess. But now I'll be teaching regularly again, and I enjoy it.

I didn't take many photos in class today--just one of the food spread--because you know I like to feed my students in both body and mind. That sounds deceptively noble, because of course, my real reason is just that I like a good sewing party.


We were a somewhat small group today with just seven of us, so we could spread out with plenty of room to cut and sew. And because I didn't have quite as many students as I do for some classes, I actually had a little time to do some sewing too. You know what? I realized it had been awhile since I had done any sewing for myself--where I was just working on something fun that wasn't for a class or just finishing something up to get it done and out of the way.

When I got home and put my sewing things back in the Sweat Shop, I looked at my design wall, and this is what I saw:


YIKES! When did THAT happen? How can there be nothing on it?

So tonight I finished piecing the first four of sixteen blocks for the Paganini Schnibbles. The design wall isn't quite as empty now. And tomorrow? I gotta sew.

9 comments:

Kris said...

Sounds like a pretty great class. Hope you have fun sewing tomorrow!

sunny said...

Enjoy your sewing day! It's great to sew 'just for fun'. I've been putting off sewing bindings down on several quilts, but now that I've started, I find that I like it, and I'll have them all finished soon.

ohiofarmgirl said...

Could you please tell me...the name of the quilt on the table or where to find the pattern...I just adore it.
Do you work with wool applique? I am happy to have found your blog..it is wonderful. Dianntha

Brandie said...

One of these days, I'm going to treat myself to a weekend in Sac and one of your classes. One of these days when Hubby needs his own space!

quiltmom anna said...

Glad to see you back sewing and teaching- both are very satisfying and you do a terrific job of both.
Sounds like a fun day for you- hope Sunday is just as productive for you.
Regards,
Anna

Wonky Girl said...

Wish I could have joined the class. Your table setting is cute! I have the border print on your quilt, maybe I can put together something similar for a finished center :)

Shirley--Knot-y Embroidery Lady said...

Absolutely loved your class! Got all the blocks sown - WooHoo!!! Thanks to you teach.!

Julie said...

I did a little sewing as well as watching a movie, Invictus. I didn't really care for the movie, although Morgan Freeman was great. It just didn't hold my interest. Afterward, I went shopping with the daughter and read. I finished my book, Murder with Peacocks by Donna Andrews (cute, light reading) and then began rereading one my Mrs. Pollifax novels. Happy sewing to you.

Julie-Julia

txag80 said...

I am such a lucky quilter! Thank you Kim for dreaming up a way for me to join the schnibbles fun!
Your generosity is surpassed only by your thoughtfulness!