Wednesday, August 25, 2010

I Need a Secretary

Do you ever wish you had a secretary? Or maybe you DO have a secretary? Lucky dog! I'm envious! I've come to the realization lately that I truly need to get a little better organized when it comes to keeping track of dates and things. Maybe it's a little like the shoemaker's children always going barefoot--since I'm someone else's secretary all day long, I just don't have the energy or inclination to be my own.

Sometime this evening, I started thinking about tomorrow and I just KNEW there was somewhere I was supposed to be. After all, the season premier of Ghost Hunters is tomorrow, so I have good reason to remember thinking I was going to miss it! So I thought, and I thought, and I went over in my mind all of my normal evening engagements, such as quilting classes, outings with friends or family, etc., and nothing "fit." I finally figured it out--it was a plan that had been mentioned but never firmed up. Isn't that funny?

Generally, I'm pretty good at simply remembering stuff like this and I haven't kept a calendar for years. I think I'm going to have to break down and get a calendar, though. There are just too many things going on over the next several months, and I can't afford to forget any of them.

While I'm thinking of dates and calendars and such, tell me this: when can one decorate the house for fall? Just about this time of the year, I start thinking about pulling out the fall stuff, even though it's 100 degrees out. So when can I? Labor Day? Does one pack up one's white shoes and decorate for fall at the same time? Because I'm sure if it looks like fall indoors, I'll feel much cooler. But maybe Labor Day is too early? Certainly before the end of September, in any event! I NEED at least a month of Halloween decorations!

Yep, I need a secretary. And a planner. And probably a decorator, or an assistant to help me decorate--that would be nice. Oh! And can I have a house cleaner too, please? Clearly I need staff. That's the first thing I'm putting on the calendar when I get one: "Hire staff." There! I'm glad THAT's settled!

11 comments:

Three Birds Inspired said...

I think that most of us that work outside the home and also have household responsibilities could use a secretary...or a housekeeper...or (just for fun)a pool boy!

Unknown said...

I have your solution, Kim. DD is back and make that one of her duties in the home. Keep your calendar for you. I have to have everything written on the calendar or I will forget. Sometimes forget to look at it. LOL

Shelley said...

What you need is a Housewife!!LOL

Bonnie said...

Even though I'm retired now, I can certainly understand the pressures of keeping on top of all the responsibilities you have. I now use my I-Pod touch to keep track of important dates and appointments. Several years ago I purchased an address book that had a place to put cards for each month. Now when I spot the perfect card I purchase it and put it in the correct spot.
Instead of a secretary I need a cook. I sometimes get in a rut with mean preparation. Thank goodness my husband isn't picky and he enjoys going out to eat.

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

I could use it all!! As far as decorating for Fall, I would start after Labor Day. Why not!

Jandi said...

I think "personal assistant" would be the best job description. Hire one and call it good. And then send her over to my house. It is in some need of decorating.

Mad about Craft said...

I could do with a PA, a cook and a housekeeper - LOL. I can't afford any!!!! sigh!

Shirley--Knot-y Embroidery Lady said...

Don't forget our date for tonight!!!

sunny said...

I don't usually decorate for fall until the end of September, but if you're ready now, I say Go For It! And I agree with Shelley - what you need is a wife!

debbie m said...

I'm no help on the fall decorating schedule, but your blog cracked me up today. If I lived closer I'd take the job, but I think you'd wear me out with your busy schedule, lol.
Blessings
More laughs, my word is medes (British for Meds maybe) earlier this week it was mednes...maybe this is a hint...I should be medicated.

Sinta Renee said...

Sept 22nd is the first day of Autumn right? So I should think you could start eazing into it by the labor day. I actually take down all of my summer after Labor Day weekend... so I have no choice but to go into fall, which is my favorite:)