Friday, December 18, 2009

Do You Know . . .

that Christmas is only a week away?!!!

Are you ready for it? I'm not! I thought I was doing pretty good, but I ran into some problems tonight. I had two gift baskets to put together and I couldn't find the baskets I'd purchased about a year and a half ago at Goodwill--we thought we were going to need them last year, so I had bought five nice ones, but we didn't use them after all. Now where are they? It's a mystery! In theory they should be somewhere in the garage, but they must be hiding. Hubby thought they must be hiding in the house and went searching; somewhere along the way, he broke a Jim Shore cow! But baskets? Nope!

After digging out two substitute baskets that I thought would do okay, I went looking for the shredded paper or curly shaved wood that we use to line baskets. Could I find it? Nope! It must have run away with the baskets, because it was nowhere to be found. Again, we made do with what we were able to dig up.

For years Hubby has been telling me to stop buying bows because we have too many. I finally listened to him a year or two ago. Tonight when I looked for bows, what did I find? About eight semi-smashed bows, all in weird colors.

Boxes? I needed two, but did I find any? No! Again, I made do.

I think I should probably feel good about making do with what I have instead of buying more, but I don't. I just feel frustrated. And I think of people like Martha Stewart who have entire WRAPPING CLOSETS (well, Martha probably has a freakin ROOM!), while I just have a poorly stocked garage and a broken Jim Shore cow. Woe is me.

It's done though--the stuff I needed to get wrapped tonight. And now I can look forward to a couple days of fun. Tomorrow I leave work in the afternoon when Gran picks me up and we drive down to Manteca to meet up with Orcasmom and her BFF Colleen for PMS Night at Lady Bug Quilt Shop ("PMS" stands for pizza, munchies, and soda). We'll have a ton of fun, I know! Then, on Saturday, Hubby and I will spend much of the day with Hubby's family celebrating Christmas. On Saturday night I'll meet up with Lisa and her family to drive around town looking at Christmas lights. So I guess I need to suck it up and stop feeling sorry for myself, huh?!!

By the way, as you can see with all the festivities on my calendar for the next couple days, I might not get a chance to post to the blog--if I don't, it's just because my friends are keeping me out late and I'm having too much fun! Rest assured, though, that I'll tell you about it when I can. I hope you're having more success as you head toward Christmas. Thanks for visiting!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

some of my best "wrap jobs" were when I was "making do".
Don't sweat the small stuff.
a friend in MA

luv2quilt2 said...

It sounds like you put things 'safely away' just as I do. I'm still looking for a large bag of tea light candles that I must have put in the same place that you put your baskets!

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

I used to save everything as well until my husband convinced me I didn't need all kinds of empty boxes, bags and bows hanging around. I've stopped listening to him. LOL.

Have a great time this weekend!

Yvonne said...

Sometimes your cleverness comes in handy. :)
Have a great time tonite...give Gran my love.
And thank you so much for keeping me inform on how little time we have left until Christmas. :)

dianne said...

well ... i was gonna send you a broken "moo" but i'm not sure how to spell it ... maybe oom or moo-ow?

i stopped putting bows on packages - mine always look awful by the time they get where they're going - i'm doing good to get the stuff out of shopping bags and into gift bags (a big huge thank you to the woman who invented tissue paper - it covers a multitude of sins)