Monday, March 23, 2009

A Day to Recharge

I took today to recharge my batteries. In other words, I was downright lazy! I slept in until 10:30 a.m. and, when I got around to wandering into the Sweat Shop, I made a single block for the Home Again BOM class--I think our monthly meeting is this week. (I really need to start writing things on a calendar, because I'm getting too busy to keep it all in my head--either that, or my head just isn't what it used to be!)

A little later, I played around with a border idea for the quilt top I showed yesterday. After a couple hours of that, I decided I didn't like it after all, which means going back to my original plan--and that means waiting for a fabric infusion to arrive on my doorstep in a box.

So, unable to go on, I had to decide what to do next. A nap sounded pretty good, and that, as well as a little reading, consumed another two or three hours of the day. The dinner I planned to cook? Well, I slept too long, so that didn't happen--I ended up microwaving some tamales.

After dinner, I did a little applique and watched a little television. Now it's back to bed again. And a book.

The quilt I showed yesterday? It's much easier than it looks. That's what I love about it! It's so satisfying when simple piecing results in such a striking design. I'll be anxiously awaiting the delivery of the rest of the fabric I need!

I hope you had a lovely weekend. Thanks for visiting!

1 comment:

Sandy said...

Kim, glad you got a day to recharge. Can't wait until your fabric is delivered and we see what you create for a border.