Friday, August 22, 2008

Hair

If you were around in the 1970's, you probably remember this song:

Gimme a head with hair,
long beautiful hair
Shining, gleaming, steaming, flaxen, waxen
Give me down to there, hair!
Shoulder length, longer (hair!)
Here baby, there mama, Everywhere daddy daddy

Back in the '70s, long hair was the thing--everyone wanted it. The more hair, the better.

So did you see the news story last week about the alleged discovery of a Bigfoot "corpse"? It seemed kind of promising for a short time, with the guys who discovered "it" offering to have it DNA-tested. If the story passed you by and you're curious, you can click HERE.

When I first heard about it, I thought maybe it was just a deceased female human who hadn't bothered to shave her legs for awhile. I could relate.

So last night, in pretty much the middle of the night, after staying up late to watch the Olympics, write my blog post, read a few blog posts, yadda, yadda, yadda, I was sitting in the bathtub thinking about how I really needed to get to bed and sleep when for some inexplicable reason I felt compelled to shave my legs.

Shaving my legs in the middle of the night really isn't a great idea. Safety razors keep me from cutting a major artery, but still . . . . As I thought I was done with my bath and the water was draining out of the tub, I realized I had a virtual mohawk running down the back of my left leg. I soon fixed that, but goodness knows what else I may have missed. Even now I can see quite a few stray long, long hairs here and there. A little touch up is definitely in order. Not tonight though.

And remember how when you were too young to shave your legs but you wanted to do it anyway, your mother told you that shaving would make more hair grow? And if you were anything like me, you probably didn't believe her, because we all know mothers back then didn't know nearly as much as we do now, right? Well, guess what? Mom was right! 'Cause I SWEAR that tonight I had a whole lot of chin hairs that I didn't have last night before I shaved! And you know what else? If it's a choice between chin hair and leg hair? I'm just going to keep wearing pants.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Gee, you were so busy getting rid of all those hairs on your legs that you forgot to email me? Guess the hairs are more important. LOL

Nancy said...

HA, when I read that verse, I thought you had cut your hair....The ones on your head!!

I well remember wanting to be a hippie...but my parents wouldn't let me. The closest I got was wearing an orange Budweiser t-shirt without a bra....lol

Penni Domikis said...

I once shaved in the middle of the night and forgot an entire leg. Also seems that I usually have hairy knees after. Of course my husband once grew a mustache and I didn't notice it. Then he shaved half of it off one morning and walked around the house all day like that. I didn't notice that either. Guess I am no better during the day. I should probably go check my legs. Someday I will have to tell you my waxing story.

QuiltNut Creations said...

lol Kim!!

check out my blog for something for you :)

Lilly said...

Hilarious!!!!!!I am old and the hair on my legs doesn't grow much, but man, oh, man do the chin hairs grow. And the hair in my nose grows very well. If I start growing hair in my ears like my Dad did, I am going to sit on a rock and let the birds peck me to death. I am also getting rather bald in a private place! Isn't life grand? Well, yes It really is!!!!