Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Bottoms Up!



Oh, dear, it's just past midnight, so it's officially Halloween, and I've just realized that my husband never did carve that huge pumpkin he forced me to buy for him. Where did the time go?

Well, he spent part of the evening out shopping for khaki slacks because they have a new dress code at his work that goes into effect on Thursday. I should tell you that he drove right past the mall and Mervyn's (a department store) on Saturday when he went to visit his aunt. Why didn't he shop then? Well, he wanted to check the Sunday advertisements in the newspaper. Ah, yes, that makes perfect sense--not!

We really aren't planning to be home on Halloween night for the trick or treaters anyway. My husband used to love to hand out candy and see all the costumes, but getting up and down has gotten to be too hard for him. Me? I'd just as soon turn out all the lights except those in the Sweat Shop and keep on quiltin'. Instead we'll go out to dinner and maybe stop at Borders bookstore. And I'm pretty sure a visit to Starbucks will be on the agenda--that's my version of a Halloween treat!

Since I can't show you the pumpkin my husband carved, I thought I'd show you what I think he WOULD have carved if he had the time and thought of the idea:



He's such a huge soccer fan!

But here, my friends, is the pumpkin I'd carve and share with you.



HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

8 comments:

Pat said...

That's the funniest thing I've seen in ages!!!! ROFLOL.

Pat said...

I heard it was going to be a "full moon"! Good grief... I'll have this image in my mind all day!!

Cindy said...

What a cute idea. Sure would have the neighbors talking. LOL

Kim said...

I really like yours :)
DS is going to carve his with hubby tonight. DD and I did ours Sunday with Girl Scouts
Your Hometown Christmas is coming along nicely.....

Erin said...

You are too funny! Have fun tonight!

Thimbleanna said...

Great pumpkins -- especially the butt cheeks!

Nan said...

Love the pumpkin 'cheeks' - very clever!! I think a trip to Starbucks is a nice treat, too, and so is the drinky-poo pumpkin - bottoms up!! LOL!
Happy Halloween, Kim!

Darlene said...

Very cute! Someone you know - LOL