Tuesday, August 7, 2007

A Little Something Else


Okay, I think I have my mojo back. Tonight I'm going to make a block for my Thimbleberries Block of the Month. Even if I can't get the "monster" done for tomorrow night's club meeting, I'll have my block done for this month as well as a purse/tote for show and tell. I've been working on the purse the last day or two and finally finished it. This is the first time I've made a purse, although I did make one other simple tote a few years ago.

My online Thimbleberries group is having an anniversary swap--we've been "in business" for five years this month and we're celebrating! So this is the tote I made for my secret someone--I don't know much about her tastes, so I hope she likes it (well, of course I DO know she likes Thimbleberries!):




I don't think she reads my blog, so I think I'm safe in posting these photos. The requirement is that we make something using all Thimbleberries fabric; I used some plaids and some fabric from the Autumn Faire line from a couple years ago--it looks a bit like applique but isn't. There's a pin-tucked pocket on the front, and both side panels are pockets also. This is mostly a pattern by Renee Plains called Patches and Pockets with a few modifications made by me that I thought might make it a little easier.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey look at you, making purses!!! Great job!!! Love it and so should the gal you made it for. WOO HOO way to go!!!

Anonymous said...

see if this works. I'm checking the "other" box and then I type in my info??? It says, Name then Your web page. I'm not typing in Anonymous. I typed in the http:// first this time.

Unknown said...

Great bag, glad to hear you have your mojo back.

Carole said...

The bag looks lovely! I'm sure she'll love it! Love your chair! So you have the decorating gene I see! I wouldn't stress too much on that "beast". I'm I right in assuming that you piece on one machine and machine quilt on another? If that's the case, you might want to think about having them out, each having a seperate desk. That's the set up I have and I'm loving it! It's great not to have to re-set the tension etc... Well, can you see I'm playing catchup? Thanks for sharing! Keep well and happy quilting!

~Bren~ said...

Oooh..I just felt my bagaphobia creeping back. The purse is wonderful. It really does look like applique.

Anonymous said...

Here's another try Kim.

Kairle Oaks said...

Well, isn't that cute?! Is there another purse/bag in your future? I think they're pretty fun to make.

Anonymous said...

Great tote, Kim! Darn...it's for someone who doesn't read your blog so that rules me out...LOL...especially like the tree part.

-Beth C.

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

Who wouldn't like it!! it's gorgeous, you are too clever, pleased the mojo is back,,YEAH BABY! Tracey

Yvonne said...

Great bag....someone is going to be very happy! Glad to hear you're back on track. Your pillow is very nice too.

Quilting Kim said...

Great tote, Kim. Carry it proudly.

I just love reading your blog. You capture everything so well.

tami said...

Great tote. I'm sure she will love it. Who wouldn't?

Sharon said...

Well, I guess that lets me out as the recipient of this too awesome bag. Now I wish I'd never started reading your blog. LOL Like I said it is awesome.

The Chicken Lady said...

I have very fond memories of the Thimbleberries club. Happy Zombie and I (and another chick friend) used to meet up in Longview, WA to go to the Thimbleberries meetings and shop and do lunch. It was our monthly chick outing and it was so fun. I love the purse you made! :)

MARCIE said...

That bag is adorable! Great fabric choices. Your friend will be thrilled. My daughter and I decided that there must be something about bags that women can't resist. We all love them and have them and can never really use them all. But we still have to have them. Darn cute stuff!

Patti said...

I'm sure she must have loved it - it's marvelous!