Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Thanks!



Thank you for all the lovely birthday wishes! I love my Blogland friends!

Well, I have to say that it seemed like the moment my birthday started, stuff started going wrong. I decided to treat myself to a croissant and iced latte for breakfast only to be told the espresso machine wasn't working. (The croissant was really yummy though!) I took a couple hours vacation time to go home early and do a little quilting before we left for dinner only to have problems with my Juki--it was making a nasty noise that cleaning and a new needle only seemed to make worse. I tried yet another new needle, a little more cleaning, a little more fiddling, and just before we left for dinner, it seemed to be doing a bit better, although it took a lot of quilting and "unquilting" before I was satisfied with the tension. Then, when we got home from dinner late last night, the computer stopped working properly and kept telling me it couldn't find the server. Well, that was okay since I really needed to go to bed and stop messing with the computer anyway.

But I didn't let all this annoying stuff spoil my birthday. My husband took me to our favorite restaurant where we were met by my sister-in-law, Kathy. To my surprise, my husband had also arranged for our friend Lisa to join us. Lisa's husband Terry was also supposed to come, but Terry got tied up at work and didn't make it. So my poor husband had to put up with us "girls" all night long, but something tells me he didn't really mind!

Yes, we went to Pasta Pomodoro for dinner, and for dessert, I ordered the Affrogato again--yum! My husband had one too and came home from work today with plans to make them here--we have a small espresso machine we rarely use, but I've got a feeling that might change.

After dinner, we walked over to Starbucks--where else?--and sat on the patio with our drinks and talked until around 10 p.m. Our weather had been hot and humid, but by the time dinner was over, it had cooled down enough to be comfortable.

All in all, I'd say my birthday was perfect (except for those minor mechanical annoyances!). I enjoyed all the birthday wishes from my blog readers, my online group, and my friends at work, and then spending the evening with my husband and close friends, eating, talking, and drinking iced lattes was icing on the cake!

I'm not done yet, though! Thursday night, my son is taking me and my husband out to dinner, and Kathy, Lisa, and I have plans to go out on Saturday night. I think everyone should have a birthday WEEK, don't you?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely! Glad you are having such a great week.

atet said...

I'm in total agreement about the birthday week concept! Congrats and a belated happy b-day to you! Glad you had a great day.

Lindah said...

Birthday WEEK! I'm all for that!
Happy birthday!
Linda
(up in Redding)

Kairle Oaks said...

Kirsten seems to think it's best to draw it out for a couple of weeks. I say milk it for all it's worth!!! Glad it was a good day.

I've been fiddling with my machines tension today, too.

Darlene said...

A wonderful evening, indeed!

Birthday week!?!?!?!? Hold on now - we should have a birthday month. LOL I do!

Carol said...

I've always been a fan of Birthday weeks but now I think Darlene may just be on to something...Birthday Month...hmmmmmm

Sharon said...

Oh, yes, a birthday week, definitely spread that celebration out all you can. Sounds like DH did well.

Lootysmom

Nicole said...

Happy birthday! Make it last all week, that's the spirit!

Greenmare said...

yup Happy Birthweek!
Mine is over as of today, sigh. ;-)
I think you had a GREAT one so far and I'm looking forward to the next installment~
from one cancer to another- (sounds soooooo great doesn't it?)
Happy Happy Happy!!!!!!!!