Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Getting Ready for the Holiday!


In our family, St. Patrick's Day is a big deal. Maybe not as big as Christmas or Easter, maybe not quite as big as Halloween, but it comes close. We're Irish, you see! Well, perhaps I'M not Irish, but my husband and his family are Irish descendents and they love "their day"; in fact, my husband's name is Patrick--what else?! LOL! I remember one year the florist delivered green carnations to my office from my husband--THAT's the kind of really important occasion it is!
I have the corned beef, cabbage, onions, carrots, and potatoes waiting in the refrigerator. The buttermilk is ready for the Irish soda bread. Now I need to finish quilting the shamrock tabletopper I pieced several weeks back. I quilted one for my mother-in-law (who says she's going to leave hers on the table until fall!), but I set mine aside for a couple projects that required my attention. Last night, I got out my Juki sewing machine--the one I use for quilting--and got started. Hopefully I'll have it done by Saturday for the BIG DAY! In the meantime, I found a photo of an Irish chain quilt so this blog would look appropriately festive. And here's an Irish saying for the day:
"Drink is the curse of the land. It makes you fight with your neighbour. It makes you shoot at your landlord-- and it makes you miss him."

No comments: